April 9, 2010 § Leave a comment
The other day a jiffy bag arrived for me in the post. This is always an exciting time as jiffy bags hold something interesting – a CD maybe, or some random late night drunken Ebay purchase.
This time … THIS was inside …
A tiny pink ballet shoe, with a pink ribbon around it.
On paper this is the recipe for me to run screaming for the hills and dig out my Doc Martens to redress the karmic balance … but this had me intrigued.
The ribbon around the shoe had the following message:
“Something is happening at Bullring …. 11am Friday 9th April St Martins Walk lifefeelsbetter.co.uk/urbanballet”
To quote a certain nosy little girl who fell down a rabbit hole, curiouser and curiouser.
So what is Urban Ballet?
Now I’m guessing this means there will be ballet, at the Bullring.
The last time I saw ballet was when school took us to watch The Nutcracker. We spent the whole time using the binoculars to star at one of the male ballet stars who had a large hole in his tights. The name of the ballet took a whole new meaning.
Today I am older, wiser and interested to see what this is about … I will report back …
March 3, 2010 § Leave a comment
For some reason today I am feeling very very old indeed .
First, I am not old. Well, ok, age is relative and to a 14 yr old I’m practically a grandmother, but in the big scheme of things I’m not old. I am 34. This is not old.
But boy do I feel it today.
There could be several reasons for this …
- a friend of mine turned 30 over the weekend so I welcomed her to the 30-40 age tick box with open arms. I think she would have preferred to stay in the 20-30 box. However I am still the oldest of all my Birmingham friends. I am the mum of the group so I am the responsible one, apparently.
- I had quite the party week last week so I am suffering from the old skin, tired eyes and aching kidneys this week
- People keep asking me about what I want to do when I leave uni. In fact, so many people that am now starting to seriously think about it.
So responsibility, aging friends and a hangover is all making me feel very old indeed
February 26, 2010 § Leave a comment
It’s like someone has turned a switch and suddenly loads of doors of opportunity are opening to me ..(for which I an eternally grateful)
- the potential of work with a video company interviewing bands
- a possible business partnership doing PAID corporate events coverage
- possible event coverage for a public body and a charitable arts body
- being suggested as a possible facilitator for a student employment event
- my obsolete blog (and in particular a random post about Flock of Seagulls) picking up more than 100 visits a day even though the blogs not been updated for MONTHS!
Now, I am more than aware that I am tempting fate massively by even posting about these (fingers crossed the lack of names will help) but I couldn’t resist but bleat about it all … as I can’t quite believe its happening!
whoever has spreading my name around or wishing me good luck – I thank you!
Oh, and it’s Friday .. which is my favourite night of the week and I’m hoping for good fun later 😉
February 26, 2010 § Leave a comment
I have to get motivated to do some Uni work today. I’ve been focussing on sorting my placement out and actually doing the work for them, but kinda forgetting I need to turn it into an assignment!
In other news my idiot of a neighbour woke me up at 8am with super loud music.and I hope I’m wrong, for his sake, but it sounds like BoysIIMen
And today I’m off too Social Media Cafe at Coffee Lounge in Birmingham. in the past i’ve tended to get stuck with some esate agent who wants free social media advice. Not this time, I need to perfect the art of the mingle.
Wish me luck